Friday, December 12, 2008

Big Names begin to surface

Going along with my previous post, the Montgomery NBC affiliate is reporting that Steve Spurrier may be close to getting an offer from Auburn. They said their source is someone in the coaching ranks. I know this because I just happened to be watching the NBC news out of Montgomery last night (for the first time in more than 6 months, and I do believe that things happen for a reason.)

Beyond that, two FOX affiliates -- New Orleans and Mobile -- have reported that Auburn is likely to name Will Muschamp as its head coach sometime today in a press conference. There has been no mention of a press conference today, which is one of the reasons I find this VERY hard to believe. Muschamp recently told the AJC that those reports are not true. Not to mention his troubles with Jay Jacobs back when he was in contract negotiations as Aubrun's defensive coordinator. But then again, how many times do coaches say one thing then do another? The answer is all the time - I think it's a game they like to play.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why not add Kevin Steele to the list?