Thursday, February 19, 2009

Griffey Jr. update

Well, reports were wrong. The AJC reported that Ken Griffey Jr., had basically come to an agreement with the Atlanta Braves to sign a one-year deal. But in fact, he signed with the Seattle Mariners yesterday.

I apologize for prematurely reporting this. 

The move makes some sense for Griffey, as this is where he began his career and we all know how players love to come full-circle with their careers. Although rumors were out there for years that he wanted to come play in Atlanta at some point in his career, they are clearly not true, or he would have decided to become a Brave next year. After all, at this point in his career it can't be about the money. I mean, I may never make $5 million in my entire life - he's made it in just one year of his career, probably even as a simple signing bonus - and I'll probably be okay. 

Anyway, so much for that idea. I still think we'll have a pretty good team this year.

No comments: